For all things Media, Arts, Gaming, Technology, Creativity, Arts + Crafts and Geek + Nerd Culture related!

Saturday 6 September 2014

Minecraft Adventures: Pixelmon Mod ( Poke Frontier Sever) + Mini Reveiw

So I haven't been posting much on the blog lately (don't worry content is coming) ... the reason is I was gifted a copy of Minecraft. 

This game is unreal. Most people who don't live in a cave will get what I am talking about here its like Lego, you can build anything and the only limit is you. (Also a lot less pricey and cant be used as a booby-trap, Lego + feet = pain am I right?)

So I decided to instal a mod called Pixelmon that I heard a lot about. For anyone that likes Pokemon and owns mine craft I would check it out.

Brief mini review of Pixelmon: As I tend to do reviews here I thought it apt to do a mini review of the mod itself. Anyone who likes Pokemon will most likely get a kick out of this mod. The craftables the mod adds have really sensible recipes and look very nice, the models are nice looking and still blend well into the original game. The Pokemon models are on the whole very nice and there are some really nice nodds to fan cannon in the mod (cloning Mew gets Mewtwo but fail and get a Ditto) which long time Pokemon fans will really appreciate. The mod also has a dedicated wiki which is super helpful and the mod itself is fairly easy to instal. It can be a little buggy at times but it is being constantly updated, worked on and fixed. On the whole its a very well put together mod. If you wanna play a pokemon game but always longed for an MMO experience and love mine craft then this is your dream mod. Get it and find a server.

This brings me onto the more shameless plug bit of this post. So in the time I haven't been posting its because I followed my own advice.

I found a server and became a helper. I play on a pretty good Pixelmon sever called Poke Frontier (pokefrontier.nn.pe:25565) It's a community server with people on the whole being really friendly and helpful and also coming from all over the world! We have both Kanto and Johto maps that are pretty accurate and well built and also the gym challenge for both regions. The Gyms and the Elite four are all real people which makes it a tough but enjoyable challenge, also its totally optional. There are also drop parties and quizzes and Pokemon races held from time to time too which keeps things fun and interesting. Also a big draw for the server is that you have plenty of space to build either a faction base with all your friends or just carve out a little spot all to yourself. 

So come and join it if you think its your kind of thing! 

Now I'm going to show off my base and hopefully get you fired up to join in! 





Have a look at the awesome stuff I have made and the Pokemon I have caught, come and join in. The server even has a Youtube Channel so check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment